Most businesses need a strong content strategy in today’s online world. The Middle East certainly has some intriguing possibilities for media organizations looking to expand their operations. The challenge is that other media companies will also be looking to take advantage of the current, favorable climate.
The Local Opportunities
Also, audiences in MENA spend just as much time online as audiences in Australia, United Kingdom and the United States.
All this time spent online, they are looking for strong content. If your brand can match expectations, then you have the potential to attract large audiences and expand the reach of your media organization.
Developing Strong Content
There are three components of developing strong content in today’s digital market:
- Content should meet the audience’s wants and expectations.
- Be delivered on a platform the audience will use.
- And at a time that the audience will consume it.
As we know that mobile technology and the internet are in high use, content that can be delivered via these platforms. In addition, analytics can tell you when content is most consumed by audiences.
To develop content that meets audience’s wants and expectations can be more challenging. But the best content always has some common components; such as:
- Create original content. Unoriginal content will result in your search rank being negatively affected.
- Use strong headlines that include at least a one of these:
- Actionable promises.
- Promise to provide answers.
- Create shock value.
- Use numbers to quantify your content.
- Your content must be accurate with all references included. All statistics should have a link.
- Be engaging and thought-provoking. This can be achieved with the following tactics:
- Leave the reader with a question.
- Have a strong introduction that promises to deliver unique information.
- Tell a story.
- Include images and videos. The latter is more important as it ranks higher both on search engines and on social media.
- Images and videos should include your logo.
- Images should be optimized for mobile use.
- Be concise in your writing.
If you can create content with these elements; your media organization will have a great future.
How do you create strong content for your media organization? What content tips do you have?
Let us know in the comments below.